Custom Blend Turf Fertilizer
Each seasonal change requires a specially targeted fertilizer composition to promote the health of your lawn. Northern Colorado is considered a cool-season growing area. The two most popular turf grass species in our region are bluegrass and fescue, but you can easily find ryegrass, buffalograss, and other native prairie grasses being grown domestically. After the snow melts, the growing season begins with a flush of growth in the spring, followed by a slow growing summer, and a final period of growth in the fall.
Your turf-grass flourishes during the spring and fall growing months, but it must also endure the harsh summer and winter temperatures. A healthy lawn receives the nutrients it needs to thrive in our variable climate conditions. Lawn Care Plus provides specialized fertilizers to give your lawn an advantage each season.
What nutrients does your lawn need?
The nutrients plants need in the greatest quantity are nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K). Of these, nitrogen has the most impact on established lawns. Nitrogen promotes green color and overall growth, especially leaf growth. Plants need phosphorus and potassium for strong root and stem growth, particularly in the fall and winter as they are hardening for the harsh freezing and arid conditions.
- (N) Nitrogen encourages blade growth and chlorophyll formation. Nitrogen is the primary component in most fertilizers and is the most potent mineral returned to the lawn from mulched clippings.
- (P) Phosphorous is common in store brand fertilizers because it helps roots establish when growing from seed or with freshly installed sod, but excess runoff promotes harmful aquatic weed growth.
- (K) Potassium fortifies the plant’s stress resistance, drought defense, and extreme temperature tolerance.
- (Fe) Iron is important in chlorophyll formation, photosynthesis, and nitrogen metabolism. Colorado clay is naturally alkaline (iron rich), but the mineral is locked up and unusable to the plant in the hardened soil.
The Lawn Care Plus Advantage
Your lawn has been depleting its stored resources, and by late May and early June it’s ready for a follow-up bolstering to your early spring application. This second application of turf fertilization is cornered around a special blend of Nutrient Rich Organic Biosolids and Uflexx Stabilized Nitrogen.
- Nutrient Rich Organic Biosolids reduce the need for chemical fertilizers and improve and maintain productive soils and stimulate plant growth. Nutrients found in biosolids, such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium and trace elements such as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, sulfur and zinc, are necessary for plant production and growth. The organic matter improves soil structure by increasing the soil’s ability to absorb and store moisture. The controlled land application of biosolids completes a natural cycle in the environment.Farmers and gardeners have been recycling biosolids for ages. The organic nitrogen and phosphorus found in biosolids are used very efficiently by crops because these plant nutrients are released slowly throughout the growing season. This enables the plant to absorb these nutrients as it grows, reducing the likelihood of groundwater pollution of nitrogen and phosphorous.
- Uflexx Stable Nitrogen is a unique product which helps to protect against all three forms of nutrient loss – leaching, denitrification and volatilization – allowing time for nitrogen (N) to move into the root zone and stay there longer. As a result, there is immediate green-up, followed by sustained turfgrass color for up to 8 weeks.
- Iron Chelate comprises several turfgrass enzymes and some pigments, and assists in nitrate and sulfate reduction and energy production within the plant. Although iron is not used in the synthesis of chlorophyll (the green pigment in leaves), it is essential for its formation. This explains why plants deficient in iron show chlorosis in the new leaves. Delivering iron chelate in a ready-to-use water soluble form ensure quick uptake and enhanced greening of your lawn.
We Deliver Better Results!
- Dependable results across the wide variety of Colorado soil conditions (e.g. pH, temperature, moisture)
- Quick green-up and sustained color
- Organic and recycled materials keep pollution and waste to a minimum
- Environmentally responsible with low potential for nutrient leaching, denitrification, runoff or volatilization.