Freezing weather can sneak up with little warning, but with a bit of know-how, you can protect your system from preventable damage!
Please take the following steps to protect your home and irrigation system.
- Turn Off All Water to The Irrigation System
- Drain The Backflow Preventer and Supply Line
- Wrap and Insulate the Backflow Preventer
- Building insulation, heavy down comforters, and sleeping bags provide excellent insulation properties.
- Wet insulation is no insulation. Make sure to waterproof the material with a heavy tarp or yard trash bag.
- Contact Lawn Care Plus to perform a blowout of your buried sprinkler lines.